1. Who are you and where are you from?
I'm Alexandra West from the unofficial capital of Canada Toronto, Ontario.
2. Where might people know you from?
My writing in Famous Monsters of Filmland and Rue Morgue. My blog Scare Tactic. The podcast I co-host, The Faculty of Horror. The end of the bar from any appropriately dive-y establishment.
3. When it comes to what you do, who or what are your major influences?
Heidi Honeycutt (founder and editor of Planet Fury), Stacie Ponder (Final Girl blog) and Andrea Subissati (Lady Hellbat, Faculty of Horror, Rue Morgue) because they are fiercely funny, multi-faceted and intelligent women who have raised the bar for all of us.
My parents who always found money for me to rent movies with.
4. What four peoples' faces would you put on your own personal Mt. Rushmore?
Debbie Harry, MCA, Stanley Kubrick, Carrie Brownstein
5. What's the last album you bought?
Kathleen Edwards "Voyageur", I love me some badass lady folk rock.
6. What are the last movies you saw in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray?
"American Mary" in theatres and Maniac (1980) on DVD. Both are imperfect but interesting movies.
7. What's the last podcast you listened to?
Rewatchabilty's 100th episode on Superman in film and Time Bandits. Both friends of mine, both Toronto based, both awesome.
8. What's the last video game you played?
I'm not a video game player, so probably Donkey Kong Country circa 1995.
9. What's the last book you read?
Look Homeward, Angel by Thomas Wolfe. My mom is American so I've been trying to read more classic American novels and this one is not only beautiful but a gut punch of a book.
10. What are your favorite sports teams?
I don't like sports, so one that loses a lot... the Toronto Maple Leafs.
11. What cartoon or comic book character can you relate to the most?
Calvin and Hobbes. Equally, at the same time.
12. Create a playlist of ten songs that give people an idea of your musical taste.
1. It's Like That - RUN-DMC
2. Modern Girl - Sleater Kinney
3. Pressure Drop - The Clash
4. Hanging on the Telephone - Blondie
5. Shake Your Rump - Beastie Boys
7. Mama, You've Been On My Mind - Bob Dylan
8. Let's Break Up - Hayden
9. Back to Me - Kathleen Edwards
10. Crystalised (XX Cover) (J-Thunder Remix) - Gorillaz
13. If you could spend the day at an amusement park with one person from the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
Nick Cave. Amusement parks need more velvet and wine drinking.